Windows Vista Messenger is a full Windows Live Messenger skin by Nuno Peralta that gives the software’s backgrounds, buttons and overall look the typical Windows Vista style treatment. It might take a few minutes to get used to because some buttons were reorganized, while extra shortcuts have been added. Among the bonus features are status changing from within the conversation window, disabled ads, selectable nicknames, display picture thumbnails in the contact list , and more.
Windows Vista Messenger needs to be installed over the final version of Windows Live Messenger (8.1.017. Here’s how:
1) Shutdown Windows Live Messenger COMPLETELY.
2) Go to Start > Run and execute %programfiles%/MSN Messenger or go to your MSN Messenger directory.
3) Rename msgsres.dll to msgsres.bak.
4) Rename newemail.wma, nudge.wma, online.wma and type.wma all to *.bak
5) Unzip the files inside the archive into your Messenger directory.
6) Start Windows Live Messenger again.
NOTE: To uninstall, just rename the *.bak files to their original extensions.