This is a very common problem.Often our sync software fails or we forget to take a backup of our mobile contacts..Often this method can be used to transfer contacts from old phones to new phones.
Here is a easy to go way..i use this method for my N80i.
There are several ways to do that, but probably the simplest one is by using memory card. Here are the steps:
- Make sure your memory card is inserted in your old phone.
- Launch Contacts application and then select Options | Mark/Unmark | Mark all. It will select all contacts you have on the phone.
- Copy all the contacts to the memory card by selecting Options | Copy | To memory card.
- Now you have your contacts in the memory card. They are stored in vCard format under OthersContacts folder.
- The next step is to transfer your vCard files to the new phone. If your phones use the same format of memory card, for example Mini SD, it is much easier. Simply remove your memory card from the old phone and then insert it in the new phone.
- What should you do if your phones use different format of memory cards, for example one is using Mini SD and another one is using RS MMC? You need to transfer the files using memory card on your PC. Copy all the files under OthersContacts folder from one memory card to the other one.
- OK, now you have the memory card inserted on your new phone. Launch Contacts application then select Options | Copy | From memory card. It will import all the vCard files from the memory card to your Contacts application.
- That’s it.