Yesterday my windows media player 11 crashed and from then my gtalk was not showing the “current music track ” status. After that i did lot of search and got the solution so thought of sharing with you guys!
I got the help from the Google-Talk-Help-Discuss!
It happens like this.. When windows media player 11 crashes it is designed in such a way that it disables all its plugin which also included my gtalk plugin.
So what we need to do is just Re-Enable the plugin..
- Open Windows Media player 11
- Right click on the toolbar of media player –> View –> Plug-ins –> Options –> Background
- Click on the checkbox for the gtalk plugin. Press OK.. Done
No need to do any restart and it started working!
- Uninstall Gtalk.Make sure WMP is not running.
- Now on the Gtalk installer(Download if you dont have) and do “Run as Administrator”. and install.
- Now login in gtalk. This is important Don’t go to next step before signing in.
- Once Gtalk is running in background start WMP and in gtalk change status to “Show current Track”. It should work. Working for me.
Cheers! Updated: 22nd April 2009