So i got a Rpi3 and installed OSMC only to realize i dont have a physical remote to control it. I want to connect and control it but wirelessly (Since my LAN is not placed near by TV). So this is how you can do it:
- Install OSMC from the steps provided on their website.
- Connect the Rpi3 to WLAN directly.
- This will give the Rpi3 a ip address. Find this ip address from your router
- SSH to Rpi3 from mac/windows. Default id/password is osmc/osmc
- Now since the Rpi3 has a wifi inbuilt all i need to do is connect the wifi. You can use the utility called connmanctl to do this. Follow the steps below.
$technologiesThis should displays list of technologies. Something similar you will see:
/net/connman/technology/p2p Name = P2P Type = p2p Powered = False Connected = False Tethering = False /net/connman/technology/ethernet Name = Wired Type = ethernet Powered = True Connected = True Tethering = False /net/connman/technology/wifi Name = WiFi Type = wifi Powered = True Connected = True Tethering = FalseThis will show if the WIFI is enabled or now. Above shows Wifi enabled. If you want to enable wifi use this:
$enable wifiNow scan for available wifi
$connect <PSK from list displayed by the above command>Now it will ask for Pass key, enter your wifi password. Its a one time setup and in future it will remember this setting. Enjoy!!